What we stand for
At Sequential Pixel, we strive to share amazing content we gather from around the web, adding our slant to it based on our own experiences.
Whether you are a mobile app developer or interaction designer, you will undoubtedly find inspiration on this site. We cover topics such as:
- Mobile animations and best practices
- Animated feature film critiques and shorts
- User experience design and Micro-interactions
- Video game influences and user interfaces
- Interactive Comics and panel-based art
- Write-ups and summaries of inspirational content
- Recommendations and site reviews
- Software and tools for creators
- Resources and artists, creators, and developers
We cover topics related to motion design on any of your devices including, tablets, desktop, gaming consoles, automobiles, industry-specific device hardware, VR, AR, and anything else that represents the art of motion in design.
Why Sequential Pixel?
Since the early days of Disney’s Steamboat Willie to Will Eisner’s The Spirit, there’s been the idea of sequential art as being a communication vehicle for better understanding. Whether it’s panels on a page, celluloid characters on vellum, or even pixels on mobile devices, we have a need to convey movement through time and space.
The term Sequential Pixel tries to encapsulate what it means as each of us interacts with and is influenced by our screens on a daily basis. We all live in a digital world and need to evolve our thinking about animation as foundational to how we communicate.
Our passion for this digital frontier is at the heart of what we’re we’re creating here. It’s a testament to interdependence and acts as a reference for creatives of all types to explore across industries all of the interesting innovations and new ways of thinking.